About Our School
Our elementary school is named for Dr. Angie Debo, “the first lady of Oklahoma history.” Dr. Debo wrote and edited thirteen books and hundreds of articles about Indian and Oklahoma history. The importance of education was dominant in her life and she earned her doctorate in 1933 from the University of Oklahoma. She was most notable for her honesty, integrity, and courage. It is with pride that this school carries her name and reputation.
Angie Debo’s school doors opened in August of 1994 with an enrollment of 220 students. We have grown to over 950 students from Pre-K thru fifth grade. Even though we are located on the prairie, the students chose the dolphin as our mascot. We are the “Debo Dolphins!” We have a fabulous group of students from very diverse backgrounds and a wonderful and enthusiastic faculty.