What is Title I?
Title I is a federal program that offers supplemental funds to qualifying schools. The eligibility of a school to receive Title I services is determined by the number of students receiving free or reduced cost meals.
The goal of Title I is to ensure that all children have an equal opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach proficiency on state academic achievement standards. Title I instruction is supplemental and does not take the place of regular classroom instruction.
What Title I Funds Provide
- reading and math intervention and support
- parent involvement activities
- professional development for teachers
- supplies and materials
Tips for Helping at Home
- Encourage the importance of attendance.
- Make a place in your home for your child to do homework/read.
- Make sure your child reads 20 minutes daily.
- Help your child learn academic vocabulary.
- Show your child that math is in our everyday lives.